Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Disney Part 2



Tuesday was our last scheduled day of Disney adventures.  

We started the day at Epcot hitting the highlights of our favorite attractions:  Soarin', The Living Seas, and of course walking around the World Showcase.  

Since it was 9/11 after all, the highlight of World Showcase was the America pavilion.  As the Voices of Liberty sang in the foyer before the show, I was very proud to be there with my boyfriend and best friend, both Vets.  That was our moment of pause in an otherwise "dreamy" day.

The other highlight of the World Showcase is the food.  You can eat (and drink) your way around the world.  Coffee from Morocco, chocolate in Germany and lunch in China were on the menu for us that day.  

After riding the viking ship in Norway, we headed to Hollywood Studios.  It had been so long since I had been there that it was actually called MGM Studios the last time I was there.  There were many new attractions and I had forgotten about some others.  

Of  course we had to check out the updated Star Tours attraction.  That has always been my favorite but now in 3D it's even better.  

If I lived in Hollywood Studios, I think I would hang out here


Or maybe here...


Another special part of the day was going to see my boyfriend's creation.  He has done lots of plaster work at Disney and surrounding areas in the past 30 years, but soon after we met he was hired to do the plaster work for a new Cars exhibit.  I finally got to see his work on Tuesday.  



These pics don't do it justice but take my word for it...it's cute, and I'm very proud of him.

As you are reading this, I am back at work trying to catch up with the past couple weeks.  It was fun while it lasted!


6 comments:

  1. Last time I visited it was MGM as well. Glad you had a great last day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....I have a grand who would love that cars display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been to Epcot in many years. It was always my favorite park in Disneyworld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epcot as well, you are bringing back some happy memories for me this week, Heather. I loved Soarin - although I was terrified!! We had lunch in Italy and champagne in Paris. Happy days. You should be proud of your boyfriend that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like good times all around! We have Soarin' here at Disneyland but its a different and all about California only. Good luck getting caught back up with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to Epcott myself but it sounds like you had a great time! Isn't it sad when Holidays come to an end and have you get back into yur normal routine!!

    ReplyDelete