Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

How We Met Blog Hop

Today is the How We Met Blog Hop hosted by Melinda Dozier.  It's also her wedding anniversary so be sure to stop by and wish her a Happy Anniversary!



The rules are as follows:
1.      Sign up on the linky below.
2.      Share the story of how you met your significant other, be it your husband, boyfriend or partner, in 100 words or less.
3.      Post a picture that was taken around the time you met.
4.      Link back to my blog somewhere in your post. (http://melindadozier.blogspot.com) or add the blog button at the top.
5.      Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Spread the word!
Visit at least three other links on the day of the hop and leave comments.



I had just gotten out of a relationship that was going nowhere and was ready to be single for a while.  I decided to spend my Saturday afternoon at the lake with the local kayaking group.   There, we were introduced and started talking.   I can’t remember what the conversation was about but I felt an instant connection. 

For the next few weeks we ran into each other a few times with mutual friends.  Then, he started calling every Saturday to go kayaking.  We moved in together a few months later and today, almost five years later, we are still together.



I'm cheating a little with the picture but I couldn't resist.  Soon after we got together, we went on a 5 day paddle down the Suwannee River.  This was taken on the trip.  Beautiful, isn't it? 
We didn't have any pictures taken together because we were pretty much alone on the river, unless you count the foxes that invaded us one night!

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. I took a kayaking class but never got to go kayaking in nature. I would love to do that sometime. It sounds like you both love the outdoors, what a great thing to have in common!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story! Love the idea of kayaking together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! When one door closes, another door opens.. The picture is very beautiful and there's nothing more romantic than floating down the river. I guess you could say it was a river of love! LOL! Thanks for sharing Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just goes to show we never know what's around the corner. Thanks for sharing your story. I've joined in with this hop too today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo...says a lot to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I love the river, too. Our family has spent every summer camping and kayaking. Great photo. Simply beautiful and so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea. We kayak on the Current River and the Jacks Fork River in Missouri. One of my favorite places in all the world. Well, I haven't done much world traveling, but I can say that area in Missouri is a family favorite, regardless of our "not so famous" world traveling. hehe:)
      I meant to click the FOLLOW button earlier, but somehow I over looked it. I made sure to do it this time:)

      Delete
    2. Hi Heather. I'm a new follower, too! I've been reading a few of your other blog entries and they are really interesting. I joined today after reading your entry for the bloghop! I'll be back soon:)

      Delete
  7. Aw, what a sweet story! Nothing helps one to get over an old love like a new one! :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny, when you want to be single, life usually has other plans. Such a cute story...and picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding love when you aren't looking is the best kind to find. :)

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be glad to participate, but I'm single...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the story of your happenstance relationship. That is how I met my now hubby. Sometimes things unforeseen happen and out of it comes true love. :) Enjoyed reading your story.

    ReplyDelete