Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 3 - Initiate


Today's lesson is to INITIATE:  START WRITING.  Not just what’s comfortable, but what you were meant to write.  Jeff's book corresponds to this by saying that we should get back to the real reason we started writing - because we love to write. 

The idea today is to make a daily commitment to writing:  continued practice

Our assignment is to write down in some place secret, “I am a ____.” , then pull it out every day and read it.  What is something you are questioning about yourself? 
Next we are to start something we are scared of such as a book or an article for a magazine.  The biggest challenge is to make room for writing every day.

As expected I didn't wake up two hours early today to write.  I am still not feeling well so it was a struggle to get up at all today.  I have, however, committed to writing for 2 hours a day and I plan to hold true to that. 

I have always enjoyed writing in general.  I have to write at work, but my writing centers around progress notes and support plans for the individuals that I work with.  I have learned how to phrase things in order to best help the people I work for BUT that is not something I really want to do.  It's just part of the job.

I started becoming more serious about my writing because I wanted to write a book.  I have been blogging and talking about it for a good 6 months now but I haven't written anything.  I basically got all set up with the thought but it just stopped there.

The creative juices have been flowing a little more lately and I have an idea that I would like to pursue for a novel.  I AM GOING TO DO THIS!  Starting today!  I mean it!  A little less talk and a lot more action!

So for now, please excuse me...I need to write!

3 comments:

  1. Nice posting. Glad you are blogging this I am taking serious notes on it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    A good, health positive focus you allude too. Just please remember to not put pressure on yourself and let your creative process flow as the words that will dance in your mind, will dance upon the keyboard :)
    Keep going and happy writing.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I am not the only one who has set up a writing blog and then forgot to go back and start writing! Well, my book is started, I have just not been motivated to go finish it . . .

    Good luck Heather!

    ReplyDelete